Skip to main content

1000 Item Challenge Day 31

Didn't get to do any clearing out this weekend (even Saturday's post was pre-scheduled - sorry) thanks to an insane amount of Ironman training - 4K swim Friday night, 6 hour ride/30 minute run brick on Saturday, and 2:30 run and 90 minute massage on Sunday. I was either training, eating, or sleeping. (Slept for 10 hours straight Saturday night, and then took a nap between my run and massage on Sunday!)

Anyway, today's a total rest day - extremely rare under my new coach's guidance - and what would usually be extra free time from that has been taken up by my annual eye exam (bad time to go with how busy I am but I'm out of contacts and the prescription expired, so...), but still had time to cull a few things. Once again, it was HARD to find 10 items.



  • 2 Photos
  • 2 Aquarium filter pieces
  • 3 Pieces of hardware
  • Allen wrench (I keep them all but had two of the same size)
  • Empty bubble bath I just used up
  • Algaecide for the aquarium - always makes the fish sick so I just manually clean the tank now.
Today's Total:  10 Items
Overall Total:  374 Items - Getting close to that 400 mark. Maybe I'll try to really search around and see if I can hit it tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1000 Item Day 57 - Back from Ironman

Hello! The past two weeks were too crazy to do more than just throw the occasional item in the "get rid of" pile. Not only was I getting ready for Ironman, I had two huge projects thrown on my plate at work,  I had to take a day trip to Boston, AND I had to spend a weekend sherpa-ing my boyfriend through a race of his own. Phew! So glad I'm going on vacation in a couple weeks - I need it! Anyway, back to the grind, at least until I leave for Seattle. This is so much a "haul from today" as catching up on stuff I piled up. This week I'm hoping to get back into the groove with decluttering and create that capsule wardrobe. Pajama shorts Running singlet Running dress Mason jar Contacts case 2 Paint stirrers 2 Pieces of paperwork Running hat 2 Screws Today's Total: 12 items Overall Total: 712 items

1000 Item Challenge Day 46

Actually got a fairly decent haul today. Yay! T-shirt - Yes, managed to discard a piece of clothing. Broken Christmas tree ribbon 2 Photos 2 Stickers 4 Credit/store cards Bag balm Underwear that wore through  (Not pictured. You're welcome.) Today's Total: 12 items Overall Total: 575 items. Can I find 25 items to hit 600 tomorrow? Let's find out!

1000 Item Challenge Day 41

Another day scrounging around for that ten-item minimum, but got it done.: Race bib (I usually keep these but I actually won an award and already have the plaque on the wall.) Newspaper (Yes, it was cool to keep the paper from the Sox's first World Series win in over 80 years, but...I never even look at it. Maybe this makes me a bad Bostonian, but out it goes.) 3 Photos 2 Screws (Really scrounging the bottom of that formerly overflowing Junk Drawer that was stuffed with hardware.) Jewelry...bag, I guess you'd call it? Hoodie Pendant Today's Total: 10 items Overall Total: 520 items